1. The only proper religion for mankind is humanity itself, for it is from this
humanity that God first evolved.
2. God is a glorified and exalted human being.
3. It is morally wrong to kill a human in the name of religion, nationalism, or
justice, for whenever we kill our fellow man, we strike at the very birthseed of
4. Evolution and natural selection are correct principles of creation, and it is
through this creative process that God and Heaven came into existence and continues
to evolve. All things which are real must of necessity have a beginning. To say that
God has no beginning is to say that God is not real. As true Gnostics, we believe
that God is very real.
5. This earth upon which we live is the very first from which God evolved. As a
consequence, this world is known by those who believe as the World of the First Power.
6. The material world contains within its mortal, physical nature, the very essence
and similitude of all things wondrous and eternal. Unlike the false Gnostics of ages
past, we do not believe that the material world is evil.
7. The concept of God is represented by two distinct and separate persons, our
Heavenly Father and our Heavenly Mother.
8. We are the literal spiritual offspring of God, and have the capacity to become
just like our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother if we so choose.
9. The Holy Spirit is no less than the office of the Heavenly Mother, and it is
she who inspires and guides us through our mortal life experience.
10. It is holiness, benevolence, and wisdom which define the nature of God, not
power, anger, or hate.
11. True worship is the imitation of God’s goodness; it is to imitate the character,
disposition, and attitude of our Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother.
12. The Song of God, as written by Azrael Ondi-Ahman, contains the true thoughts
and feelings of our Heavenly Parents, and these scriptures are the cornerstone of
our faith. As true Gnostics, God has provided us with our own original book of scripture,
which scriptures contain the true and living gnosis of our Heavenly Father and Heavenly
13. In order for faith to be real and acceptable to God, then such a faith must
always acknowledge the believer’s right to walk away from that faith without any
judgment or condemnation from God, or from God’s appointed church. True faith, justified
faith, is always about choice; for it is the freedom to choose that makes a faith
powerful. It is not correct doctrine which empowers the believer, but rather the
freedom to choose, and in the choosing, faith becomes the gift we give ourselves.
(*entry added upon Azrael’s request: May 12, 2009)
14. The goal of our faith is exaltation; that by living the sacred principles found
in the Song of God, we might become as “only begotten” of our Heavenly Father and
Heavenly Mother. Furthermore, we believe that exaltation begins with the transformation
of the individual, and that with diligent persistence we can achieve the transcendent
state, becoming in our daily life the reflection of God’s goodness in the world of
mortal men and women. For the true Gnostic, Yeshua is the supreme example of the
15. The historical Yeshua of Nazareth was the archetype of what it means to become
as “only begotten” while living the mortal life. It was from the life of this historical
person that early Christian scholars created the theological construct called Jesus
Christ. As true Gnostics therefore, we do believe in the Galilean and see in him
an example worthy of emulation and devotion, but we do not believe in the Jesus Christ
found in the Christian faith.
16. We live more than one mortal life. We believe in multiple lives. As a consequence,
we do not believe in the resurrection of the mortal body which we currently occupy.
17. The mortal life is a school which provides us the opportunity to: • Learn
about good and evil • Acquire free agency • Find the children of God in this
mortal life and bring them into fellowship with their Heavenly Father and
Mother • Pursue the likeness of God through covenants • Achieve exaltation
through the keeping of covenants
18. There is virtue in seeking greater knowledge and in pursuing scientific inquiry
for the sole purpose of bettering humankind. However, as true Gnostics, we believe
all knowledge and scientific inquiry must have a clear moral objective.
19. The sanctuary of the home is more important to the spiritual life of the family
than any church building or temple.
20. The priesthood of God is available to all men and women equally, and the offices
of this priesthood are: son/daughter, husband/wife, father/mother, grandfather/grandmother,
21. Sexual expression between loving couples is important to a sense of spiritual
fulfillment and well-beingness. And whenever such sexual expressions are rooted in
love, respect, and mutual consent, there is no sin. We believe that a healthy sexual
lust between loving couples is not evidence of a sinful and degenerate nature, but
rather the wholesome expression of one’s eagerness to embrace life, love, and sweet
communion. As true Gnostics, we believe that to be truly and fully spiritual, we
must be fully sexual.
22. The future of mankind will be exciting, surprising, and wondrous. And although
the future, at times, will be filled with challenges, the human family will meet
these challenges and overcome them. We will adapt; as a species, we will endure.
As true Gnostics, we DO NOT believe that mankind will end in a fiery apocalypse.
We are a religion of hope, not doom.