Copyright © True Gnostic Church. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions
SONG OF GOD - GLOSSARY
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q
R S T U V W X Y Z
First Reference: Yeshua 1:4
Now in Caesarea did Pilate rule harshly over the lands of Palestine, being made subject
himself unto Vitellius, Governor of Syria. Yet in Galilee and Perea did Herod reign
wickedly, having been made king by Caesar Augustus.
See: Pontius Pilate, Syria
Summary: Lucius Vitellius “the Elder” was a prominent Roman senator appointed as
the Governor of Syria by Roman Emperor Tiberius (c. 34-35 CE). Pontius Pilate, the
governor of Palestine and Judea, was a subordinate of Vitellius.
According to scripture, after the famous philosopher Zostrianos was publicly embarrassed
by Yeshua, he sent an accusatory letter to Vitellius as an indictment against the
28. Now when Yeshua had passed through the town of Khirbet Shimon, he saw by the
way a man which was crucified; being bound to the cross by ropes strong and fresh.
29. And seeing that the man was yet alive, he commanded that his disciples release
30. But one answered him, saying: “Not so Lord, for this man is a thief and you know
also the penalty you must suffer if you save him.
31. For Vitellius which is governor of Syria has decreed the death against any man
which should take down the crucified before they are dead.”
32. But when Yeshua heard this, he said: “Give me the sword which you have hidden
33. And taking the sword, Yeshua cut asunder the cords which held fast the one which