And there was gathered in solemn array the Cherubic hosts and there ruled among them
Shadiel, and there also gathered there a remnant of the Teraphim, and there presided
among them Doriel and Lorriel, being made husband and wife forever.
Doriel and his wife Lorriel are high ranking Teraphim who were concerned by Shaemdiel’s
public address to the angels of Paradise in which he shared his “troubled musings”
inspired by the Chief Demiurge, Yaldaboath (E:2:11-15). Doriel and Lorriel were likely
responsible for calling the meeting that can be read about in Enlightenment chapter
2. At the meeting it was determined to withstand the words of Shaemdiel and petition
the Council of Elohim for guidance.
19. Now there stood before the whole assembly, Doriel of Ramnios, and he spoke unto
the council concerning the troublings of Shaemdiel, saying:
20. “You beloved of the Lord give ear and to all my words attend, for you know how
there has intruded throughout the Paradise of God, a dark and deepening mist of gloom
which would make uncertain the hearts of many righteous.
21. For the words of Shaemdiel have made to appear as small and trifling the glory
and power of the greater Light;
22. And they which are of the brethren, whether male or female, has obscurity troubled
deep within, evensomuch that the path of glory can they no longer see, neither can
they see the rightness of the way before them.
23. What then shall we of the council do for the sake of our brethren who are made
to labor with us on behalf of many spirits, which spirits have yet to enter into
24. By what power shall we turn aside the words of Shaemdiel, seeing that he is greater
than the whole of us?
25. Who is there among us who can lift again the hope of glory; and by some weighty
word of counsel restore again the joy and peace of Eden World?
26. For except we act wisely, then shall the darkening gloom reach out into the Keep
to disturb the very children of God over whom we are all made accountable.”